Happy early Mother’s Day to all the momma’s out there! This is my first Mother’s Day and I am very excited to spend it with my boys. This recipe would be great to make mom for breakfast in bed! It’s easy, uses ingredients most have on hand and tastes soo good.
The addition of strawberries is great but the cinnamon really put these over the edge for me. I love anything cinnamon or strawberry so they were pretty much a dream come true. This is a great base batter too if strawberries aren’t your thing. Blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, apples…go crazy!
recipe from Food.com
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a bowl, add the first 6 ingredients and stir to combine.
2. In another small bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs, and butter. Stir to combine.
3. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
4. Gently fold in the strawberries.
5. Spray a large skilled or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Pour enough batter into the skillet to make a 5-inch circle; cook the pancakes until the tops are covered with tiny bubbles, then flip them over and finish cooking.
Recipe linked to This Week’s Craving.