I absolutely love banana bread and have several different recipes in my arsenal. My favorite is Cream Cheese Streusel Banana Bread but this new one is definitely towards the top of the list. It just depends on if you are in a streusel or oatmeal chocolate mood.
I love the unique texture that the oatmeal and wheat flour add to this bread. And it makes it healthier right? I really enjoy cinnamon and chocolate together so that lent a nice flavor to the bread in addition to the banana.
I made a regular size loaf and 3 mini loaves out of this recipe. I was planning on freezing 2 of the mini loaves but that didn’t end up happening. It’s funny how easy it is to eat an entire mini loaf before realizing what you have done. The slices are so much tinier so you have a couple slices (or more) and then it’s gone. Oops. But like I said, it’s healthy right?
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 bread pans with parchment paper on the bottom, brush with canola oil.
- In large bowl, mix together flours, oats, sugars, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add in milks, eggs, butter, vanilla and banana. Stir until combined and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans bake for 50 minutes.