This Lemon Hush is a shortbread, cream cheesy, lemon pudding, cool whip masterpiece and is one of my top 5 favorite desserts of all time! And it’s perfectly refreshing and Spring-y for Easter! I really want to sit here and tell you about how wonderful it is but you just have to try it….and on Sunday night Joel and I spontaneously decided to go to the Final Four games in New Orleans (starting Friday) so all of my free time is being spent on searching for things to do there. I just can’t concentrate on anything else.
Growing up in Kansas, Joel has been a KU basketball fan his whole life so this is a lifetime dream come true for him and the spontaneity of it all makes it even better because this is something we never do. I’m mostly excited about seeing the sights and eating! If any of you live in New Orleans or have visited, PLEASE leave some suggestions for activities/sights/attractions/eats.
So, I’m sorry for the limited details on this dessert because it really does deserve the attention but I’m just too excited! Just try it, I promise you will like it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. Cool Whip, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut together crust ingredients until crumbly. Press into a 13 x 9 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, 8 ounces Cool Whip and powdered sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over cooled crust.
- Mix lemon pudding mixes and milk until thickened. Pour on top of cream cheese layer and smooth out. Refrigerate until firm then top with additional Cool Whip and walnuts.