When I saw that the Crazy Cooking Challenge this month was grilled cheese…I knew exactly what to do! I immediately went over to Closet Cooking to peruse the whopping 24 options of grilled cheese that Kevin offers up. Yep, I said 24. So as you can imagine, it was pretty hard to select which recipe I would make and feature here for the challenge.
I managed to narrow it down to about 5 then gave Joel the options since I just couldn’t decide. He requested the Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese and I was pretty pleased with his choice. I kind of have a thing for buffalo sauce as evidenced here, here and here.
This fancied up grilled cheese sandwich was spicy, creamy, crusty, cheesy and filling. Everything you would ever want in a sandwich! I was really incredible and will definitely be gracing our table again and again.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken, warm
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon mayo (optional)
- 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green or red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, room temperature, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot, celery and onion in a small bowl.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the buffalo chicken salad, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.