These cake mix cookies are a simple summer treat that only require 4 or 5 ingredients!
I remember having these a lot as a kid and I always enjoyed them! I don’t have the exact recipe from my childhood but these seem pretty darn close to me. I love making recipes as an adult that I had as a child because of the memories they bring back. It’s funny how food can do that.
The cake mix lends a light, fluffy texture which makes these cookies really unique and tasty. The other great thing about this recipe is that the possibilities are endless. Spice cake with walnuts and raisins, devil’s food cake with dark chocolate chips, lemon cake with white chocolate or just plain old funfetti all come to mind when thinking of tasty combinations. Use your imagination and dream up your favorite concoction!
- 1 package of cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of chopped nuts, raisins, oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's etc. (anything you like in cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient(s).
- Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done.