One of Noah’s favorite foods right now is corn. When I ask him what he wants for lunch it’s always tacos, pizza or corn. He indeed is his father’s son!
Although we all like corn, it can get a little old after awhile so I am always looking for ways to change it up. We of course love Sweet Corn Cake, Corn Casserole and Smoked Corn but I was in need of a simple and quick weeknight side. When I came across this Brown Butter Corn I knew it would be a winner in our house. What’s better than fresh, buttery corn?
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Cook the butter, watching carefully, until it starts to foam and the specks start to turn brown. Watch carefully as this happens quickly.
- Add the corn to the skillet and stir well until it's coated. Stir in sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.