Man do I have the perfect football food for you today! It combines two football favorites, buffalo sauce and meatballs to make you Buffalo Chicken Meatballs! I don’t think it could get much better! We are Husker fans around here so every Saturday we get together with our Nebraska friends to watch the game. When we host a game I always over do it when it comes to the food. Surprise, surprise. Luckily, these meatballs come together quickly and can be made a few hours ahead of time then placed in the crock pot on warm. That gives me more time to make other food…wait, maybe it’s not a good thing that these are so easy. Somehow I always seem to make things more difficult than they need to be.
Anyway, make these meatballs for your next football gathering either as an appetizer or sandwiches. Your guest will totally love you!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (depending on the size egg you use you may need to add a bit more)
- 2 Tbsp. wing sauce
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Couple dashes of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 12 oz or 1 1/2 cups of your favorite wing sauce
- 3/4 cup (more or less to taste) blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl, add in egg, breadcrumbs, wing sauce, milk, salt, pepper, and blue cheese if using. Mix it all up well with your hands.
- Form into balls (not too big) and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot combine wing sauce and blue cheese or ranch dressing, heat it through, stirring often.
- Once meatballs are out of the oven add them gently to the sauce and heat through for a bit. Serve alone or with a roll for a sandwich and enjoy!!