For me, egg salad is one of those things I have to be in the mood to eat and when I am it totally hits the spot. Egg salad doesn’t really require a recipe so this is just a start and you can add or subtract ingredients depending on your personal preferences. That being said, this is my absolute favorite recipe for egg salad because of the addition of the dill. Doesn’t it make everything better? It’s probably my favorite herb.
This Dilled Egg Salad makes a great quick and easy sandwich you can throw together for the kiddos school lunch or for a last minute dinner. Plus, all the ingredients are staples so it can be thrown together anytime!
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use the reduced-fat olive oil kind)
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 red onion, minced (we don’t care for raw onion so I left this out)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.