Looking for a healthy, protein packed snack? I’ve got the thing for you! This Crispy Rosemary Hummus isn’t your typical hummus but it is still delicious and is much better for the hips. It’s lightened up with the use of Greek yogurt rather than the traditional tahini and it also uses less olive oil.
Another twist on this hummus is flash fried rosemary which infuses the olive oil and adds an awesome crunch throughout the hummus. I think the addition of the rosemary helps with mask the missing nutty flavor of the tahini.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 ½ Tb. olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp, lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Place the oil in a small skillet over high heat. Once smoking, flash-fry the rosemary sprigs for 30 seconds per side. Remove and place on a paper towel, reserving the olive oil.
- Place the garbanzo beans in the food processor with the yogurt, rosemary-infused oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree to desired consistency.
- Pull the crispy rosemary leaves off the stems and place them in the food processor (save a few for garnish if you wish). Pulse until the rosemary has worked through the hummus.