I am a huge fan of baked potatoes but now that spring has finally arrived (or so it seems) they just aren’t something I cook. I hate heating up the oven and the house once the warm weather hits and I avoid it at all cost.
So what do I do when the craving strikes? Make up this loaded baked potato salad instead! It provides all the delicious ingredients of a loaded baked potato without having to heat up the oven. Plus, it’s chilled and refreshing which helps beat the heat.
There really isn’t anything not to like about this potato salad. Cheese, bacon and ranch are always a winning combination! This would be a great side dish to bring to a summer bbq or just to whip up on a weeknight with a yummy grilled steak.
- 4 large russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dry ranch seasoning
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and sour cream. After thoroughly combined, stir in cheese, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Chop potatoes into bite size chunks (you can peel them if you want, I was lazy and didn't). Boil potatoes for 10-20 minutes, until tender but not falling apart. Drain potatoes and allow to cool a bit.
- Mix potatoes and 3/4 of the bacon into sour cream mixture. Top with remaining bacon and chill until ready to serve.