For the longest time I thought I didn’t like bleu cheese. It was another one of those foods that I never actually tried and just assumed I wouldn’t like. Since starting this little blog of mine, I’ve been trying to be more adventurous with my food choices and actually trying foods that I would have avoided before.
Turns out I like bleu cheese, in small quantities. I find large amounts to be overwhelming and a bit too strong but I’m down with little bits of it. I have to tell you, homemade bleu cheese dressing is so much more delicious than any store-bought version and it’s so easy to throw together.
I used this dressing with a few different recipes I will be sharing with you guys soon so keep an eye out.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Mix mayo, sour cream, milk, vinegar, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder together until smooth. Carefully fold in bleu cheese crumbles. Store in an airtight container.