To continue with my lazy, not so creative Halloween treat ideas, I bring you Halloween Popcorn Munch…a fun twist on cookies and cream popcorn. I don’t know why holiday themed Oreo’s seem to taste better than the regular ones, but they do and I always have a hard time resisting them. So of course I didn’t have any self control and had those darn Halloween Oreo’s staring at me from the pantry, begging to be eaten but I really wanted to so something with them besides soak them in milk and stuff my face.
Then cookies and cream popcorn, which I have been wanting to make forever, popped into my head. I also had candy corn staring at me, along with Halloween sprinkles that I also couldn’t resist buying (I have a thing for sprinkles too). So I thought I would combine them all into a super-sweet, yummy mix that is perfect for any Halloween gathering.
This delicious popcorn requires only a few ingredients and it comes together very easily. Those are the best kind of snacks. Super easy and incredibly addicting. I know you are going to really love me for this one cause the kids won’t be sugared up already from their candy haul. So, your welcome in advance. Maybe just hide it from them. I do that on the daily with zero guilt. What they don’t know won’t hurt them I say.
And if you feel like binging on scary movies all night, this is the perfect snack to keep it festive. Because binging always requires snacking. Am I right?
- 1 bag microwave popcorn or 4 cups air popped
- 12 Halloween Oreo’s, finely crushed
- 1 cup candy corn
- Halloween sprinkles
- 6-8 oz. melted white chocolate
- Pop popcorn and remove all unpopped kernels. Mix popcorn, Oreo crumbs and candy corn together in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Dump onto parchment or wax paper then sprinkles with Halloween sprinkles. Allow to set, about 20 minutes, then break into pieces and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.