Today is my first day on my own with the kiddos. I would be a liar if I said I was completely confident and not scared. I know I can do it, but getting into the swing of things will be interesting I’m sure. Wish me luck.
So, in honor of needing quick and easy meals for the long foreseeable future, I’m bringing you these yummy Individual Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups that can be whipped up in a flash. And they can easily be made gluten and lactose free for those with food restrictions.
I love to make these when my nieces are visiting because they are really fun for kids to eat since they are mini. Who doesn’t love a mini version of something? It always makes thing better in my opinion!
Lastly, these are relatively healthy so you don’t have to feel so bad when you sneak a few too many pieces of candy from the Halloween stash.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats, gluten free
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups skim milk, or almond milk to make lactose free
- ¾ c mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray 18 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix together the egg whites, egg, milk, bananas and vanilla extract. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly between the 18 muffin cups. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and they are lightly browned.