Looking for something easy and delicious to nosh on during the big game on Sunday? These Sweet and Spicy Asian Ribs will totally hit the spot. They will cook away in the crock pot while you whip up the rest of your Super Bowl feast. Right before serving, drench them in sauce and throw them under the broiler for some crispy carmelization. Soo good.
I personally would use more Sriracha for more zing but if you want to keep it mild for your crew go ahead with the stated amount in the recipe.
Who are you cheering for this Sunday? I think I’m going to root for the Broncos since Manning always yells Omaha before his plays. Good logic in choosing my winner, right? Either that or whoever has the prettiest uniform.
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- Seasoning salt
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce (or more if you like things spicier)
- First, be sure to remove any membrane from ribs. Rub ribs with seasoning and place in large crock pot (you may have to cut the ribs up so they all fit). Pour in water and cook on low heat for 3-5 hours, until ribs are cooked through and they are already starting to fall off the bone.
- In a small bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and sriracha. Place ribs on a baking sheet and put on the top rack of the oven. Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until the sauce begins to caramelize. Watch them closely as they will burn quickly. Remove from oven, lightly cover with foil and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.