Since starting this blog, I’ve began making a lot more things from scratch and dressings are one of my favorites. It’s amazing how much healthier and cheaper it is to make your own. And bonus, it’s incredibly easy. This Creamy Citrus Vinaigrette is a new favorite.
This weekend I tried a new pork chop recipe that incorporated lots of citrus so I wanted to serve a simple salad alongside them to get in our greens for the day. I did a little searching and found this simple, delicious vinaigrette.
It’s creamy, zingy and perfect atop some mixed greens sprinkled with toasted pecans. Just throw everything in your blender and let her run for a few seconds. Way better than buying a bottle!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Zest + Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Grated ginger (to taste - I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh herbs (flat-leaf parsley, basil, lemon basil, chives, etc.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until well incorporated and creamy.