These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Balls are my new favorite snack and dessert and breakfast. I’ve pretty much been finding any reason to eat them. So much so that we have gone through 2 batches in less than a week. And Saturday night I was having a major sweet craving and just couldn’t get them out of my mind…so I made another batch. Oops. I’m not sorry about it though.
They absolutely satisfy your sweet tooth and contain only healthy, all natural ingredients. Homemade peanut butter, honey, oats, coconut and cocoa nibs combine into perfection. Nothing says winner like a healthy, sweet treat that is actually good for you. I’m pretty sure these will become a staple in our refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt, if peanut butter is unsalted
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips)
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey and vanilla. You may need to microwave the peanut butter a bit so that it's easier to combine. Stir in the oats, coconut, salt and cocoa nibs. I mixed with my hands.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes. Roll into balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.