My mixer hasn’t seen much action the past few months and Noah really wanted to make a pretend birthday cake. Yep, he’s a weird but very very smart child. He can think of any excuse for dessert. He’d been throwing me a pretend birthday party all morning and what’s a party without cake? I have trained him well.
So, these Butterfinger Blondies aren’t cake but I had them on my mind since my mom raved about them days before when she had sampled them at a luncheon at work. It didn’t take much convincing to make blondies instead of cake since they had frosting AND chocolate.
I also assume you all have been really missing the sugary goodness around here so I decided I would sacrifice for you and sample one of these bars as my cheat for the week. Oh, the things I do for you guys! But then they were immediately wrapped up and sent to work with Joel. I just couldn’t be trusted with them in the house.
They are chewy and gooey with all kinds of butterfinger goodness throughout the blondies and frosting. Make sure to bake them just until they are set for ultimate deliciousness. Let me warn you, they are incredibly rich so just a few bites will satisfy your sweet tooth sufficiently.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars (approximately 16 “Fun Size” bars)
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Bars (approximately 4 “Fun Size” bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated. On low add your dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) until just combined. Stir in your chopped Butterfingers.
- Spread in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until center is JUST set. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting: cream the butter and shortening together until smooth. Add in you powdered sugar on low speed. Turn speed up to medium and mix until smooth Stir in your chopped Butterfingers. Spread on your cooled blondies.