Need a quick, last minute sweet potato recipe for Thursday? Well, I have the perfect recipe for you. These are so unbelievably good and really easy too. It’s always nice to have something simple to throw together when you have a million other things going on.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2-inch thick coins then cut each in half. Toss with olive oil and salt and lay in single layer on two baking sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven then sprinkle each pan evenly with the butter, brown sugar and pecans. Return to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.