Has the weather been crazy nice for you guys yet? For the most part, we’ve had really amazing weather and I hope it’s here to stay. We walked to school to pick up Noah several times last week and by the end of the week he was pretty disappointed to see us without the stroller (but it was only in the 40s Friday so no walking for us that day). It seems like that will be the new mode of pickup. Luckily, we have one of those sit and stand strollers so lazy bones can ride when he gets tired.
My number one favorite thing about spring is breaking out the grill. I love grilling and do so as often as possible. It’s healthier, quick, easy and you can pretty much put anything on the grill. Like this pizza chicken.
Yep, I went and combined some family favorites to create the ultimate dinner. Seriously, who can complain about chicken covered with pizza toppings? I especially loved this since I’m not eating bread right now, it still felt like I was eating pizza just without the crust.
This pizza chicken starts with balsamic marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are then grilled and slathered in pizza sauce and topped with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. The pepperoni gets a little crispy and the cheese melts all over the place. Sounds pretty magical, right?
Not only is it delicious but it’s super quick to make (not counting the marinating time).
It’s always nice to have those fast, easy meals in your back pocket for when that witching hour sneaks up on you way too fast and you need to get dinner on the table immediately or your children might pass out from starvation. My little people are a tad dramatic if you haven’t noticed by now. I have no idea where they could have picked that up.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 slices sandwich-size pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Place chicken and balsamic vinaigrette into a large ziptop bag. Seal and shake to ensure chicken is completely coated. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 minutes. Flip chicken. Spread each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce, then top with two slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella. Grill another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.