Cheesy White Lasagna Soup will become an instant classic. Tender noodles, chunks of chicken and the creamiest, cheesiest sauce.
Today I am bringing you the most decadent, cheesy, delicious soup to add to your winter rotation. It’s the ultimate in comfort food and I want to eat it ON THE DAILY.
The standard lasagna soup is good and all but a cheesy white lasagna version?! That is a total must.
It’s like, blow your mind creamy.
What You Need to Make White Lasagna Soup
I want to let you know from the start that this soup is decadent. It is comfort in a bowl. Let’s face it, it’s high in calories.
My goodness is it good.
The ingredients are easy to grab at the store making this soup super simple to throw together in less than 30 minutes at that.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I don’t play around when it comes to indulgence.
How to Make White Lasagna Soup
This soup starts out with a roux. If you’ve never made a roux before, don’t fret because it’s super easy.
A roux is a mix of flour and some kind of fat, butter in this case, that is used to thicken a sauce.
Melt the butter over medium low heat in a big dutch oven. Add the fresh garlic and saute until fragrant and softened.
Sprinkle in the flour and whisk it together with the butter. Let the roux cook for a few minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
Add the chicken stock and half and half, whisk well and cook until slightly thickened. Break up the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces and add to the thickened liquid.
Simmer away until the noodles are tender. Now stir in the chicken and cheeses and you’re ready to eat.
Winter Comfort Perfection
If you’re looking for some warm comfort on a cold day, this is definitely the soup you NEED. It is quick and easy to make, hello 30 minute meal.
It also reheats really well so you can enjoy it all week long. Not that it will last that long.
So whip up a batch and throw some crusty rolls in the oven for he ultimate in winter comfort food.
More Cold Weather Soups:
White Lasagna Soup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 3 cups half and half
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- 4 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan, plus more for serving
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and whisk into butter. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and bring to a heavy simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in lasagna noodles. Cook for 10 o 12 minutes, until noodles are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken, mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan. Ladle into bowls and top with more shredded parmesan, if desired.