When I saw these Football Brownie Bites over at What’s Gaby Cooking, I totally fell in love and knew I had to make them for one of our football gatherings. They turned out so cute and were a huge hit for the Husker game. Don’t you love my Husker platter? Go Big Red!
I used my favorite brownie recipe to make these little guys. It’s super rich and fudgy which is perfect for a bite size morsel. I topped them with canned cream cheese frosting but if you are an overachiever you could make your own. I just didn’t bother since such a small amount was needed.
The recipe makes 24 mini brownies but if you are attending/hosting a big party I definitely recommend doubling the recipe since mine disappeared and there were only about 12 of us.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Divide into muffin cups and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Pipe on football laces with a piping bag and tip or using a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.