I recently got to get together with the MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) group from my church and we made apple crisp. It took a lot of proding to get me to join MOPS. I’m quite shy when you first meet me and it takes awhile for me to warm up and really be comfortable with people. Social situations where I don’t know many people make me uncomfortable so I usually avoid them but I finally decided to stop worrying and just go. And I’m so glad I did. I have already made a lot of great friends that are so sweet and pretty darn funny too! It’s so great to have some social time where I can get together with other mom’s and just talk about life, our kids, our family and many entertaining topics.
We had so much fun making apple crisp together and I’m so mad that I forgot to bring my camera to capture some shots of all the ladies peeling, chopping and mixing. We used a recipe from one of the MOPS mom’s and it was so good! It would have been perfect topped with Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
- 8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced*
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place apple slices in a 13 x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of apples and bake for about 1 hour (mine only took about 50 minutes but my oven seems to cook faster than what most recipes state).
- *I used a mixture of Granny Smith, Fuji and Honeycrisp