I love a anything themed (and sometimes go a tad overboard) and Halloween provides so many fun, creative ideas! I will be bringing you main dishes, desserts, snacks and beverages for all your Halloween party needs! And first up is Halloweenies! Clever, I know.
I made these for the first time last Halloween and they were a huge hit. I mean, who wouldn’t love a mummified pig-in-a-blanket? I made them using lil smokies to serve them as appetizers but this year I decided to go with hot dogs to make them a meal.
These would be so fun to make and enjoy with your kids. Noah is still too little to help in the kitchen but we will definitely be making these together next year. We’ll see how mummy-like his end up, but they will be beautiful all the same.
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 10 large cheese hot dogs
- Cooking spray
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- With knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like bandages, stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” On greased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on “face.”