Biscuits fall into the “love hate” category for me. I love to eat them but I hate making them. If you follow my blog, you already know that I really dislike making dough of any kind because of all the kneading and messy, sticky fingers involved in the process. I just hate getting my hands dirty and half the time I forget to take my rings off until it is waaay too late. Then I have sticky, crusty rings. Lame.
Although these Copycat KFC Biscuits do require kneading, it’s not very much and they come together really quickly. And once you eat them, you will realize they are totally worth the effort and messy hands. I love the use of bisquick for its ease and the club soda for the airy texture it lends to the biscuits.
I love these as a side to any southern meal, especially fried chicken (duh). You could also throw in a fried egg and a sausage patty to make a great breakfast sandwich. That’s definitely Joel’s favorite way to scarf these down.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 ½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup club soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients. Knead the dough by hand until smooth.
- Flour your hands. Pat the dough flat to 3/4-inch thickness on waxed paper and punch out biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 18 biscuits.