Remember on Wednesday how I promised a yummy brunch item to finish off your Mother’s Day meal? Well, here it is. I bring you Poppyseed Lemonade Mini Muffins….my official new favorite! I’m sure you don’t believe me since I just brought you roasted banana muffins only two weeks ago and claimed they were totally heavenly. Well, they are but so are these. We kind of have a muffin obsession around here.
Muffins are my breakfast of champions and lemon poppyseed have always been one of my top choices. But these little guys have a secret ingredient that puts them over the top, lemonade concentrate. It adds more zip than an ordinary lemon poppyseed muffin and creates a super moist end result. Plus, who doesn’t love a sugary glaze?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, milk, butter and egg until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes for full size muffins or 8-12 minutes for mini muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and lemonade concentrate. Pierce muffin tops several items with a fork; drizzle with lemonade mixture.