You know how Noah is a chocoholic? Well, turns out he is a peanut butter’oholic too. Whenever he sees that yummy peanut butter jar in the pantry he gets all hyped up and starts, first calmly, saying “butter” then he gets more and more frantic until he gets a taste of the good stuff. He loves the ‘butter!
He also thinks Oatmeal Peanut Butter Muffins are cupcakes so it wouldn’t be too great if he told people he had butter cupcakes for breakfast….. Oh, I can just picture the judgmental looks I would get over that one!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peanuts.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.