Sorry I missed you guys on Monday. I have had a major case of writer’s block and I’ve been kind of lame and haven’t tried a whole lot of new recipes lately.
I did make these delicious little bundles of Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus last week and they were a huge hit. When Joel saw me pull the asparagus out of the fridge, he immediately went into panic mode and got all wild eyed. He’s not a fan if you couldn’t tell. I quickly told him it would be smeared with cream cheese and wrapped in meat and that eased his mind a little. He tried it and actually really liked it. He even rated it as a “make again” item.
The asparagus was tender, the cream cheese was smooth and creamy and the prosciutto was salty and cripsy. A perfect combination of flavors and textures for a yummy side dish.
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, sliced
- 12 asparagus spears
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2. Spread prosciutto slices with Neufchatel cheese. Wrap slices around 2 or 3 asparagus spears. Arrange wrapped spears in a single layer on a foil lined medium baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until asparagus is tender.