I shared these pudding pops with you on Monday and well, one patriotic treat just isn’t enough so I’m bring you these beauties today. Can you tell that I’m totally going down the easy route these days? I’m only 25 weeks pregnant but I’m kind of ready to be done already. My first time around was much easier. I could sleep, put my feet up or just relax whenever I wanted but these days my little dude keeps me running. At least I will be in better shape!
So, anyway I have seen these cute cupcakes floating around the internet for awhile and they popped into my head when I was trying to think of fun and easy treats for the 4th of July. And these 4th of July Rice Krispie Cupcakes were born. Plus, I don’t think I have ever met a person who didn’t like rice krispies so they will be popular too. They are easily customizable to any holiday, just switch up the sprinkles. And with all the different flavored marshmallows they have these days, you could have fun with flavor combinations too.
I totally planned on making homemade frosting to top these, but I got lazy. If you are awesome and have way more motivation than me, whip some up on your own. Go ahead and show me up. I dare ya.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 2.5 oz. patriotic sprinkles + more for topping
- 1 can frosting (I used strawberry)
- Red or blue gel food coloring (depends on what color frosting you want)
- Melt butter and marshmallows together over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispie cereal and sprinkles.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray then spoon rice krispies into the tins, pressing to form. Allow to cool then move to a platter.
- Mix frosting with desired food coloring. Place into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting onto rice krispies then top with sprinkles.