This is one of my favorite desserts ever and it’s one of the easiest things to throw together. It’s just one of those nostalgic sweets that bring me back to childhood whenever I eat it. When I was thinking of what to share with you all during Shark Week, I knew this was a must.
It’s basically the vanilla version of oreo dirt pudding topped with beachy things! Fun, right? It was always perfect in my house with all of us non-chocolate eaters around. I know it seems like a sin to a lot of you but nobody in my family is too fond of chocolate.
We used to halve, if not quarter, the amount of chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies and double the nuts. Somehow I managed to marry someone who doesn’t like nuts in their cookies/brownies/desserts…that should have been a requirement. Good thing I like him a lot.
I got off on a little tangent there. Anyway, this is a really yummy, fun dessert to throw together not only for shark week but any time in the summer. It only takes a few minutes to throw together and is a lot of fun for a toddler who loves to whisk and crush things and eat gummy sharks.
Let me just warn you, these darn gummy sharks are incredibly hard to find. I went to three different grocery stores and a party supply store and had no luck. My parents were on the hunt for me too and found them at a convenience store. I almost gave up and topped it with Swedish Fish and called it good.
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip (I used light)
- 1 (11 oz.) box Nilla Wafers, crushed into fine crumbs*
- gummy sharks, fish
- Whisk vanilla pudding and milk together until thickened. Fold in Cool Whip. Reserve 1 cup of Nilla Wafer crumbs. Stir the remaining crumbs into the pudding mixture. Pour into a bowl or unused sand bucket. Top with remaining cookie crumbs and gummy sharks and/or fish. Scoop out with a clean sand shovel to make it extra festive!
- *You could substitute graham crackers if you want