Good Stuff. Yep, that’s what this tasty little snack mix is called. It was brought to a luncheon at my mom’s work and it was so yummy she asked for the recipe and at the top of the paper it was scribbled on was “Good Stuff.” I can just hear the confusion, “I’m going to make some Good Stuff.” With a second person responding “like what?” But this conversation doesn’t happen in our house. When good stuff is mentioned, we all understand and get a little giddy for what is to come.
I had no intention of making this but as I was walking to the checkout after grocery shopping a display of football shaped pretzels caught my eye and I just had to buy them. But I didn’t want to just eat them, I had to do something blog worthy with them so I could have a fun Football Food treat to share with all of you. And it only took me about .5 seconds for this recipe to pop into my head and for me to quickly turn around to grab some chex.
This stuff is so gooey that it all sticks together in a big glob, no matter how hard you try to keep it in separate, bite-size chunks. If I had just a little less self control, I would probably just grab the big mound of it and take a bite. But that wouldn’t be appropriate…at least in front of others. I’ve never done that, I promise.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups Chex or Crispix cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (use whatever you like)
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- Combine butter, corn syrup and sugar in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes, do not stir. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. Pour syrup mixture over cereal mixture and stir until completely combined. Spread out onto parchment paper or lightly greased foil. Allow to cool then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. It will probably stick together in a big blob but just break off pieces and enjoy!