Dips are perfect to feed large crowds during the game and we especially love this one during football season. I could literally sit down with a bowl of chips and dip and have that be my meal. I kind of have a thing for appetizers. And I really do enjoy the eating part of the game more than the actual game.
This dip is warm and hearty and really easy to throw together. It tastes like a combination of the ever popular queso dip and big bowl of chili. It’s not fancy or gourmet but who wants that when they are watching the game? It’s just plain ‘ole good.
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 24 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto or black beans
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 envelope chili mix
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fritos or tortilla chips
- Cook ground beef in a dutch oven until no longer pink; drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, diced tomatoes and chili mix and cook until heated through. Add in Velveeta and heavy whipping cream. Cook until cheese has melted and dip is warmed through. To keep warm for several hours, transfer to a crockpot on warm setting.