I have one last easy, delicious Halloween treat to share with you all today. Noah and I had a blast whipping these Halloween Triple Chocolate Pudding Cookies up and it was so nice to spend time with just him since things have been a little hectic since Hannah has arrived.
This is my last week of help before real life sets in and I am a stay at home mom to two kids. Please pray for me.
I picked up some Halloween chocolate chips that consisted of semi-sweet chocolate chips and orange colored chips. I tried really hard to think of something creative to make with them but I came up short. Then I stumbled across this recipe for triple chocolate cookies and I knew the resident chocoholic would go crazy for them. And he did.
Thanks to the addition of chocolate pudding mix, they are soft and chewy (even days later) and chocked full of chocolate goodness.
So, what are your kids dressing up as for Halloween? Noah chose Buzz Lightyear and Hannah has a sweet Cinderella dress. Oh, and Noah decided he’s not going to say “trick or treat” but “can I have some candy please?” instead. Hmm, we’ve got to work on that before Thursday. At least he added please, right?
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3.75 oz. Hershey's Special Dark Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 bag Nestle Halloween Chocolate Chips
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter until smooth in a stand mixer.
- Add sugars and beat 1-2 minutes, until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Meanwhile, combine water and baking soda until dissolved. Add to creamed mixture along with the vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and pudding mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On greased or parchment lined cookie sheets, drop dough by the tablespoon. Top with sprinkles and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to a cooling rack.