A whole wheat crust is slathered with a slightly spicy peanut sauce then topped with shredded chicken, a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese and baked to golden perfection. When it’s removed from the oven it’s topped with fresh cilantro, thinly slice carrot (I used a peeler) and peanuts for a little crunch. Are you drooling yet?
So I don’t mean to brag, but this pizza is totally restaurant quality. I love making homemade pizza and always enjoy them but this was the first time I really thought I could see it on a menu somewhere.
Plus, it is clean! I love when that happens. This is officially my new favorite. Thai chicken pizza for life.
- 1/2 recipe whole wheat pizza crust*
- 1 batch Thai Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3-4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Thinly sliced carrot
- Roasted peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated with microplane
- 5 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the peanut butter is just melted (it only took 30 seconds for me). Whisk until smooth.
- Roll out dough thinly and place on a pizza stone. Spread 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce over the crust. Toss remaining sauce with the shredded chicken and spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro, carrot and peanuts. Slice and enjoy!
- *Pizza recipe here: http://bit.ly/20nsqpi