You know what’s the best idea ever? A babysitter. During the week. While your husband is at work. That’s what’s going on as I write this. Yep, I’m in a coffee shop by myself sipping the most glorious iced coffee known to man. Is it really that good or is just because I’m alone and don’t have this toy going off every 2 seconds?
When I was first considering this I felt guilt and was having a hard time justifying it since I don’t have a real job. Then summer started and I decided it would be good for everyone’s sanity.
In four hours I’m able to write posts for the whole week and they can be more substantial and include quality information. I even have time to run an errand by myself too. Not having kids screaming through the grocery store that the other is touching them is worth the money alone. Instead of writing and editing photos after the kids are in bed, I can actually spend quality time with Joel. And I feel so refreshed and way more patient when I return home.
Rice krispie treats take me back to easier times when I was the kid, not the adult taking care of them. They are just so dang nostalgic for me. Add a girl scout cookie twist and it’s like I’m running around outside barefoot without a care in the world.
I guess what I’m saying is I should make rice krispie treats everyday. Did I just find the solution to world peace?
We all know samoas are the king of all the cookies so these are a complete no-brainer. So go make these, then hide in the closet and pretend those kids banging on the door are just playing a friendly game of hide and seek instead of stalking you.
- 8 oz. toasted coconut marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 1/2 cups cocoa pebbles cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Spray a 13x9 with non-stick spray. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows. Stir until combined.
- Drizzle melted marshmallows over the cocoa pebbles and stir until completely combined. Press into prepared pan.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave, in 30 second increments. Once melted, stir in the toasted coconut. Spread thinly over the rice krispie treats. Drizzle with desired amount of caramel sauce.