I have some more fun football food to share with you guys today. First I took homemade meatballs then stuffed with cheddar and slathered with barbecue sauce. And as if that wasn’t enough, I stuck them on a sweet Hawaiian roll for the ultimate appetizer or main dish for game day. These Cheddar Stuffed BBQ Meatball Sliders are perfection.
Isn’t everything better when it’s mini? These tiny sliders are a few bites of beefy, cheesy, barbecue goodness. Even Noah gobbled up two, which is saying a lot considering his mostly vegetarian ways. We seriously talked about them for days. The meatballs are incredibly moist and flavorful and they ooze with cheddar when you bite into them so, yeah.
We decided the next game day we host at our house is going to be a meatball extravaganza. I plan on setting up stations with meatballs stuffed with different cheeses and several sauce options. I’m thinking mozzarella with marinara, bleu cheese with buffalo sauce and of course the tasty combination I’m sharing with you today.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. worchestershire
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 10 1-inch cheddar cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup barbeque
- Sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Combine beef, salt, garlic powder, parsley, worchestershire, milk, parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop meatballs into equal size portions (I got 10). Flatten each ball into a flat disk and place a cheddar cube in the middle of each one. Bring meat over the cheese and seal completely. Roll gently into a ball.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Cook meatballs in oil until browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and toss gently in barbeque sauce.
- To serve, slice Hawaiian rolls in half and top bottom half with meatball and pickle then put on lid and enjoy.