So I noticed I’ve been posting a lot of sweets and carbs lately. Maybe to plump up and keep warm for winter? Either way, I have more carbs coming at you today with these Buffalo Chicken Pockets. I know everyone around the internets manages to transform every dish known to man into a buffalo chicken variety, even cupcakes (too far?). But I have to admit, I don’t hate it. If you do, sorry, not sorry. Buffalo chicken for life.
I happened to make these delicious little pockets of goodness on the same night I created the glorious buffalo fries. If you missed those, check them out asap. Then make them. With these. Because there’s no such thing as too much buffalo.
These pockets are a simple, 5 ingredient dinner that will most definitely please. If you already have your buffalo chicken cooked, say from leftovers the night before, these only take a few minutes to assemble and about 20 minutes to cook. That folks, is another amazing 30 minute meal you can add to your repertoire. With a busy fall in full swing, I’m all about fast and easy dinners.
They would also make a great appetizer to chow down on while you cheer on your favorite team. Or if you’re a Husker fan, to drown your sorrows over. Let’s not talk about it.
We start out with thawed puff pastry to achieve an incredibly light and flaky pocket. It’s cut into the desired size, rolled out a bit and then filled with buffalo chicken, sharp cheddar and bleu cheese. Then crimp the edges closed and brush with an egg wash for an amazing golden finish. Bake them for 20 minutes and you have buffalo chicken perfection.
These are so much tastier than the store-bought versions and you know every ingredient going into them. Try these Buffalo Chicken Pockets then let your imagination run wild with all the filling possibilities.
- 2 buffalo chicken breasts, diced small*
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 2 puff pastry sheets, each cut into fourths then rolled slightly into rectangles
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.Divide the buffalo chicken evenly among each puff pastry rectangle, placing on one side of the puff pastry leaving room to fold over. Top with cheddar and bleu cheese.
- Fold over puff pastry and crimp with a fork. Whisk together the egg and water. Brush over each pocket.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Find the buffalo chicken recipe here: http://megseverydayindulgence.com/2014/08/19/grilled-buffalo-chicken-my-500th-post/