Can you guys believe Easter is only a few days away? It’s supposed to snow here. It’s been in the 60s most of the week. Sadly, that’s pretty typical around here. But I’m so ready for the warm spring weather to stick around. You know what else I’m ready to do? Carb load. I’m pretty sure all I’m going to eat on Easter is macaroni and cheese and rolls. Oh and ham, because ham.
Buuut, I suppose we should think about more things than just bread and pasta. How about another current obsession? Brunch. Pancakes, waffles, potatoes, all the bacon. This Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola would be another delicious addition to brunch.
I love granola since it’s super easy to make at home and is usually relatively healthy. I always like to make my granola without refined sugar but sweetening it with maple syrup or honey instead. Although I have a few favorites, this Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola has taken the top spot. Adding peanut butter to granola is a sure bet and the pretzels put it over the top. I love the flavor combination.
You know those peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets? If I buy them, forget about it. They are gone in a day between the kids and me.
I may have passed my snack gene on to them. Joel isn’t a snacker and totally doesn’t get it when I feel the snack urge. And I’m all like, “I like to eat man. Food good.” Pretty sure I NEED this shirt. I really got off topic there.
The pretzels add a salty twist which is everything to me. The granola is sweetened with honey and spiced up a bit with some cinnamon. Mix those along with peanut butter, vanilla and a bit of salt then coat the oats and pretzels to gooey perfection. Bake to crisp perfection and enjoy with milk or by the handfuls. Or come back on Monday and see what we did with it. So much yum.
- Sti1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups roughly crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until runny. Stir in canola oil, vanilla and kosher salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and pretzels. Drizzle the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir to combine.
- Pour granola onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to a week.