Slightly spicy ground chicken, bleu cheese slaw and creamy avocado combined in a flour tortilla create a fun spin on the usual Taco Tuesday routine. These Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Bleu Cheese Slaw only take about 15 minutes to make and about 2.5 seconds to devour.
So yesterday was Tuesday. Which would have been perfect for a Taco Tuesday post like this. Buuut, I am a slave to my schedule and I post on MWF’s so no Tuesday’s for you. Put them on the menu for next Tuesday friends. Are you wondering how many times I can say Tuesday in this small little paragraph? K, I’ll stop.
I hope you guys aren’t over buffalo things because I pretty much turn anything buffalo style if I can. Meatballs, sliders, hot pockets, fries, pizza, macaroni and cheese. Can’t stop won’t stop. Plus, buffalo kind of screams football season so I’m just providing the people a little variety on how it’s presented right? Right.
I know when I have people over to watch the game, I pretty much slave in the kitchen making all the things which sometimes I love but sometimes you just want it to be easy so you can relax with your friends, drink wine and gossip, I mean watch the game.
You know how long it takes to brown ground meat? That’s as long as it takes to make these tacos. Seriously, 15 minutes and dinner is served.
If you’re not into football, these still make an amazing and delicious weeknight dinner. My whole family loved these tacos. Yes, even that chicken hating weirdo child of mine. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, who seriously doesn’t like chicken? It’s wrong on so many levels.
But he even asked for seconds. When I had that shocked but evil smile on my face he asked what was up and I told him he was eating chicken. Ok so maybe I said “there’s chicken in that taco, boom in your face.” Whatever, sometimes a mom’s got to celebrate a win by rubbing it in a little. That’s how kids learn resiliency.
We had enough leftover for only about 1 taco and he asked me not to eat it for lunch the next day while he was at school because he wanted to have it. Win win winning.
I kept the spice on the milder side for these tacos since the kids were eating them (although girlfriends loves spicy food) so if you like things on the spicier side add a few extra dashes of hot sauce. The creamy bleu cheese slaw cools down the spice and adds that stinky cheese bite that goes so well with buffalo chicken. The addition of avocado also helps lower the level of spiciness in the tacos.
Family friendly, football friendly, tasty tacos for the win.
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 16 oz. coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- For the coleslaw: whisk together the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Fold in the coleslaw mix and bleu cheese. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the skillet. Add ground chicken, break up and cook until no longer pink. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Microwave until butter is just melted and stir to combine. Add to skillet with the chicken and stir until coated. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes for the sauce to warm through and coat the chicken.
- Assemble the tacos: lay out a flour tortilla and add buffalo chicken, bleu cheese slaw and avocado. Eat!
- You will probably have leftover coleslaw but it's delicious on its own.