Semisweet chocolate, crispy cereal and crushed M&M’s combine to make a quick and tasty treat perfect for Halloween. Package it in festive cellophane bags and pass it out to your family, friends and neighbors.
Today is the last day of Halloween week and we’re ending with a sweet and ridiculously easy treat.
I usually buy all our Halloween candy way ahead of time (the planner in me can’t help myself) then we end up eating half of it before Halloween night and I have to go pick up some more. And dang it, that gets expensive since we live in a huge neighborhood and get tons of trick-or-treaters at our door. Well, this year I made our own candies in hopes that we would keep our paws off the store-bought stuff.
I also bought and hid a bag of Reese’s pumpkins to hoard for myself. Yep I admit it and I’m so not sorry. Ain’t nobody gonna touch my pumpkins, ok?
So I realized it was a little mean to leave the rest of my family hanging so I combined two of their favorite candies, Crunch Bars and M&M’s, into a yummy little bite-size treat that would definitely satisfy their sweet tooth. Plus, you only need 3 (or 4 if we get a little fancy) ingredients and about 5 minutes needed for homemade candy to be at the ready.
Semisweet chocolate chips, autumn colored M&M’s and rice krispies are what you need on hand to make these bad boys. Flaked sea salt is technically an optional ingredient but for me it’s totally necessary. I love a little salt with my sweet and it sets off the sweetness of all the chocolate so nicely here.
Make sure to check out my other favorite festive Halloween eats and treats below.
- 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's, roughly chopped and divided
- 1 cup rice crispy cereal
- Flaked sea salt, optional
- Melt chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup M&Ms and rice crispy cereal.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful's into mini muffin papers. Sprinkle with remaining M&M's and sea salt, if using. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes or until hardened. Store in an airtight container on the counter or fridge.
Loaded Cookies and Cream Halloween Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffies
Halloween Peppermint Patties